Monday, September 21, 2009

Anti-inflammatory Diet


The anti-inflammatory diet !




The anti-inflammatory diet is one of the best ways a person can maintain their health and wellness. The average person needs to consume between 2000 and 3000 calories a day depending on size muscle mass and activity level. It is recommended that women consume between 160 and 200 g of carbohydrates a day and men between 240 and 300 g a day always being mindful to stay away from processed carbohydrates such as white flour ,pasta's and simple sugars. More preferable brown rice and whole grains in the full range of vegetables. Since the body needs fat to function it is the recommended that your fat intake comes from things like avocados, walnuts, almonds and cashews. Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in many cold water fish such as sardines, herring, black cod and butter fish, other omega-3 fatty acids can be found in flaxseed oil and hemp seed oil. It is important to minimize the amount of protein consumed from animal sources although I have to say steak is quite delicious and increase your consumption of fish, I would suggest that you stay away from large open water fish in any great quantity such as swordfish, tuna and shark. These larger fish are par concentrations of mercury in their tissue from industrial pollution. I found it quite remarkable that by increasing the amount of vegetables I consume but I produced my weight and decrease the amount of joint pain I encounter from the many hours of massage therapy I do a week. I hope you find this information helpful and is always I'm wishing you joy love and laughter sincerely Gene Hamilton LMT !

No comments:

Post a Comment